• II International Seminar 'San Juan, Key province for Argentine Mining Development 2008'
• II Internacional Exhibition 'San Juan, Key province for Argentine Mining Development 2008'
• VIII Convention of Mines Engineering
• Opening Dinner
• Mining Course for Non-Miners - Organized by FUNDAMIN
II International Seminar 'San Juan, Key province for Argentine Mining Development 2008'
Date: May 28-30 - 2008
San Juan Convention Center
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE PART?
If you take part in this international exhibition, you will have the chance to make contact with all of San Juan mining companies as well as the largest mining companies present in the country. • You will also be given a thorough update on mining projects currently under way. • Each exhibitor and sponsor will have the opportunity to hold a one-to-one meeting with the main mining companies in San Juan and all the country.
WHO WILL TAKE PART
• Mining companies
• Provider companies
• Law firms
• Accounting and tax consultants
• Environmental consultants
• Mining business associations
• Diplomatic representatives
• Banking institutions
• Representatives of the State and National government
• “La coyuntura económica mundial y el futuro de los recursos naturales”, por el Dr. Jorge Castro
• “Desarrollo sustentable de la minería regional”, por el Dr. Guillermo Re Kuhl, Presidente de ALTO AMERICAS
• "El potencial uranífero en la República Argentina”, por el Ing. Guillermo Pensado, Gerente de Exploración ENERGIA MINERAL
• “La minería en la provincia de San Juan”, por el Ing. Felipe Saavedra, Secretario de Minería de San Juan
• “Proyecto el Pachón”, por el Dr. Julián Rooney, Vicepresidente de Xstrata Copper
• “La minería y las comunidades- La responsabilidad social empresaria”, por el Ing. Julio Claudeville, Barrick
• “El Proyecto Gualcamayo”, por el Ing. Mario Hernández-Yamana Gold.
• “La incidencia de los mantenimientos predictivos en la mejora de la confiabilidad y disponibilidad de los equipos críticos”, por el Ing. Jorge Fernández Mosconi- Skanska
• “La Provincia de La Rioja”, por el Ing. Jorge Mario Ortiz, Secretario de Minería de la provincia de La Rioja
• “Minera Santa Cruz”, por Lic. Cecilia Dominguez y Lic. Edgardo Volpi HOCHSCHILD MINES-MINERA SANTA CRUZ
• “La Provincia de Salta”, por el Ing. Ricardo Salas, Secretario de Minería de la provincia de Salta
MATERIAL FOR EACH PARTICIPANT
• One copy of the Argentine Mining Compendium. This publication includes an overall picture of the Argentine Mining Industry, including current projects and mining centres, laws in force, a summary of Argentine economy, etc.
• Act 24,196
• Supplement on Mining and Environment
• Summary of San Juan’s Mining Code
• ECLAC’s report
• An invitation to the Opening Dinner on May 28, 2008.
CONTACTENOS / VOLVER
II Internacional Exhibition 'San Juan, Key province for Argentine Mining Development 2008'
Mining Companies who will take part
Some corporations who will take part
Aceros Boehler Uddeholm S.A.
Almar Group SRL
Andina Seguridad Industrial
Argenteo Mining S.A.
Austin Powder Argentina SA
Automacion Micromecanica SAIC
Banco San Juan
Camara Minera San Juan
Cía. Minera Solitario Argentina
Coresa Argentina S.A.
CORPLAB Latinoamerica S.A.
Dacotrans de Argentina S.A.
Data - Gis
Datamine Latinamerica S.A.
Eficiencia Empresaria SRL
Enaex Argentina S.R.L.
Energía Mineral S.A.
ESS - Compass Groups
Estudios y Servicios Ambientales SRL
Gasatex S. A.
Gates Argentina SA
Golder Associates Argentina SA
GRUPO HIDROAR - AGUARTEC
Grupo Induser S.R.L.
Indelqui SA / Optel Argentina SA
Industrias Tomadoni S.A.
International Cargo S.A.
I.S.P.E. Limpieza y Lavandería
Liebherr Argentina S.A.
Manuli Fluiconnecto SRL
Metso Minerals Argentina SA
Minera Santa Cruz
Minera Sierra Grande
MS Representaciones S.A.
MSA de Argentina
Orica Argentina S.A.I.C.
Paul C. Rizzo & Asoc.
Petra Gold Servicios Mineros SRL
Poberaj S. A.
Potasio Rio Colorado
Puma Tecnica SAICFI
SCAME Argentina S.A.
Scania Argentina S.A.
Secretaria Mineria San Juan
Serman & Asociados S.A.
SGS Argentina SA
Si - Al
Tecnodinamia Fundal S.A.
Tip Top Argentina S.A.
Tubos Corrugados S.A.
VIII Convention of Mines Engineering
Organized by: CADIM- PANORAMA MINERO
Presentations to be delivered at the 8th Mine Workshop must deal with the following subject areas:
• Mining Economy
• Metallurgy and Hydrometallurgy
• Ore treatment and mineral beneficiation processes
• Mine operation, blasting and rock mechanics
• Exploration and Geology
• Mining laws
• Mining equipment and services
• Sustainable development and corporate social responsibility
Guidelines for submitting papers
Language: Spanish or English (*)
*If a paper is delivered in English, please send its translation as well.
Graphs: They may also include statistical graphs, tables, images and photographs.
Document format: Times News Roman or Arial, size12, backed up in Microsoft Word.
It must include a cover with name of author/s and Institution or Company.
Please hand in your paper in a CD or send it by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no limits to the length of papers, and they will not be cut or modified. However, we suggest that you send a summary to be presented at the Seminar sessions.
College students shall have a free access to the seminar but shall need to fill out accreditation cards.
To send papers, contact:
Contacto: Romina Marconi
Tel/ Fax: (54-11) 4952-1117/ 6097
Dirección: Viamonte 2146, 5 A, (1056), Capital Federal
As part of “San Juan, a Factor of Mining Development in Argentina”, Panorama Minero will organize an icebreaker dinner on May 28 at 20:30, at the Centro Cultural José Amadeo Conte Grand, on Las Heras St. (between San Luis and 25 de Mayo streets), San Juan city.
For reservations, contact (54-11)4952-1117 o por mail a email@example.com
Mining Course for Non-Miners
Organized by: FUNDAMIN
Given the significance of mining in Argentina and the progress made in mining project start-up processes, we are glad to organize, as part of our role of communicators, a high-level course on mining activity for those who are not miners but are related to the activity for various reasons.
The course will address relevant topics on mining business management, and will have a high-level orientation, especially focussed on mining development to achieve high levels of competitiveness, quality and efficiency.
For this reason, each subject has been carefully prepared and selected for the course curriculum. Professionals with a high level of expertise and specialization in various fields will be responsible to teach this course.
1.- Geologic resources and mining prospects in the Republic of Argentina. Are geologic resources important? Will Argentina reach a significant level of mining development?
2.- Mining and human development. Mining projects and their needs. What is required to carry out a mining project? What do projects call for? Building infrastructure, training human resources, contracting all types of services, acquiring technologies, defining working objectives. Smelting and refining.
3.- Mining Law – The law is the first factor any company should consider before starting an activity. Mining concessions and compliance with legal obligations to the Government. What advantages are given by law to mining projects in Argentina? What benefits are granted in the various mining phases? Benefits to suppliers.
4.-Mining seen as a business. If mining does not render any benefits, it is not interesting. Mining is a business. What does the business mean for a company? Learning about the markets, prices, marketing characteristics. The role of producers in the mining economy, including shareholders and clients, and workers and the community.
5.- Company and society. Factors contributing to CSR as a management model. Definition, significance, motivations. CSR agenda for the mining industry. ICMM principles. Economic, social and environmental impact. Main indicators.
Materials for participants
1.- Argentine Mining Compendium
1.- Information folder. Who is who in Argentine Mining?
1.- CD – Mining Legislation and Mining Laws in Latin America and reports made by FUNDAMIN.
1.- Invitation to the Opening Dinner organized by PANORAMA MINERO
1. – Free pass to the conferences of “San Juan – A factor of mining development in Argentina,” May 28 to 29, San Juan.
Denise De Olivera
Tel: (011) 4952-1117/ 6097
Cel: (011) 15 6795-2580